Out of the blue, Rosie messaged me....
Matt, bit later than intended but hey life got in the way . It's become a bit of an essay! Just wrote down what sprung to mind!
Personal reasons why the things you do have worked so well for me:
* your very infectious enthusiasm and passion.
* Love the fact that the workouts have structure but that you amend them depending on how things pan out even if it means me doing something different to other group members.
* The way you ensure I push that bit more in sessions.
* Your incredible ability to pick up on my feelings when they get in the way of things before I do .
* The fact that you then take time to have a conversation about this and are able to point out any bs stories for what they are in a way that doesn't feel personal. Now THAT is a special talent in its own right!
* The way you share your life's experiences - very open and honest which gives me the 'safe' platform to be the same.
* Love the group challenges.
* The support you give pretty much 24/7 - well that's the way it feels anyway...... Ok I nearly deleted this one as I don't think it's good for you to actually give 24/7 support, it's more the feeling you give that I can get in touch if I need to.
* It's the complete package that makes me want to keep going with the sessions,
I love the way my body has shaped up. Still don't actually know how that happened just looked in the mirror one day when some people started mentioning it and never realised how much it had changed . Must say its a bit addictive though.
*My mindset has shifted so much it's just incredible - I know it will remain a work in progress and your ability to step it up a bit each time I simply LOVE. I know I've made the massive step from controlling, moody, worrying and self pity pretty much all of the time to being far more chilled, loving life and taking responsibility for making my life the way I want it.
*It always makes me smile to think that you are able to teach me so much when I have many more years on you - just love that!
Finally wanted to share the last compliments I've had:
* chiropractor: " very impressed how even you've managed to build up the muscles in your body. If you keep going you'll be the most muscled 90 year old !"
* Mark: "Love the way you're smiling so much again, reminds me of the first time we met. Weirdly it feels like it rubbing off on me!"
And then Sara Messaged me..
''So today is measurements day, 12 weeks after I turned up (and almost vom’d and passed out!) for my first training session.
I’d said some pretty horrible things about myself during our first meeting and felt pretty shit about myself – if I’m being honest, more than I had actually realised until I said it out loud.
So, in those 12 weeks, this is what has happened….
I’m 12.1lb lighter than I was (7kg!)
My BMI has gone from 31.3 to 28.8
My body fat % has gone from 40.1% to 36.1%
My waist is 5” smaller
My hips are 4” smaller
My boobs are 1” smaller
My thighs are 1.5” smaller
So what does all that number stuff mean???
I don’t know if I had an expectation of where I wanted to be at this point – I was so focussed on being smaller, that I’d missed the point of why I really wanted to do this. Now I know that those numbers up there are just one marker on a much longer journey.
The point that I have learnt, is that those numbers are merely a result of me taking care of myself and pushing myself more than I have done before; physically, mentally and emotionally. Most importantly of all, I feel like I’ve learned to love myself.
And whilst you (Matt) would say that I’ve done this on my own because I’ve chosen to do this – I’ve also done this, feeling completely supported. I’ve always had amazing support at home, but this time I’ve had that coupled with some awesome guidance (and team support), which has been the changing factor.
I am loving this journey (even when I’m scowling at you during sessions!) and I’m looking forward to seeing what I am really capable of…..''